A native Nashvillian, LeeAnn Ramey worked as a graphic designer in the country music industry for over 25 years while also painting part-time. After relocating to Bozeman in 2014, she decided to pursue her passion for painting. She is a self-taught contemporary oil, acrylic, and mixed media painter, married with two daughters, and an awesome black lab studio dog.
LeeAnn’s paintings are contemporary expressions of color and texture. She is curious by nature and loves the prospect of discovering something new when she paints — whether it’s experimenting with different mediums, paints, or subjects, she likes to have fun and explore. Her use of bold energetic colors and brushstrokes creates a fresh, vibrant and graphic quality in her paintings. LeeAnn is inspired by the beauty and wildlife found in Montana and enjoys painting abstracts, landscapes, animals and figures. She is known for her brightly colored dog portraits and welcomes all commissions.
Join LeeAnn downtown for her monthly Sip-N-Paint (SNP) events the last Thursday of each month. She is also available for private SNP bookings and corporate events for groups of 10-30 and brings all of the supplies to your home, office, favorite watering hole, or resort. She plans the paintings in advance and guides you step-by-step to create your own beautiful frame-worthy work of art!
Her work is exhibited throughout Bozeman and beyond, and available at her downtown gallery at The Emerson where she also represents several local and nationally known artists. LeeAnn’s paintings can be found in several permanent collections including Bozeman’s Kimpton Hotel lobby and Fielding’s restaurant, Sage Living in Jackson Hole, WY, the new Veteran’s Home in Butte, MT, and many other locations throughout the United States.
LeeAnn is an active member of the Downtown Bozeman Association and a regular volunteer within the Bozeman art community. She was honored with several awards over the summer, including 1st place at both the Sweet Pea Festival’s juried show and the Big Sky Country State Fair. Recently, LeeAnn joined the Sweet Pea Festival Board as Chair of the Art Shows.
• Cover Artist – Bozeman Magazine, November 2022
• 1st Place Winner, Sweet Pea Art Festival Juried Show, Bozeman, MT — August 2022, 3rd place Feb ‘22 & Aug ‘21
• 1st Place, Judge’s Choice, & Superintendents Choice, Big Sky Country State Fair, Bozeman, MT — July 2022
• Poster Award Winner - Plein Air on the Yellowstone, Livingston, MT — August 2022 & August 2020
• 1st Place and Reserve Best of Show Winner, Big Sky State Fair, Bozeman, MT — August 2021
• On-Site Installation - Sage Living Center, Jackson Hole, WY — Two 30x40 Oil paintings — January 2021
• On-Site Installation - Kimpton Hotel, Bozeman, MT – 12 paintings in Lobby & Fielding’s Restaurant — July 2020
• Featured Sip&SLAM artist at Nordic Brew Works — October–January 2021
• Sweet Pea Face Covering Contest Winner, Bozeman, MT — September 2020